学术等级: 兼职
发帖:247
经验:686
鲜花:0
勋章:0
离线
发表于:2016-10-31 15:47:24
2016年10月31日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison deals specifically with the legacy of slavery in her book Beloved. The main character in this novel, a former slave called Sethe, lives in Ohio in the years following the Civil War, but she cannot free herself from her horrific memories. Through a series of flashbacks and bitter reminiscences, the reader learns how and why Sethe escaped from the plantation she had lived on; the fate of her husband, who also tried to escape; and finally, what happened to the child called Beloved. Morrison's scenes of torture and murder are vivid and strongly convey the desperation of the slaves and the cruelty of their owners.
  Beloved is set__________.
  A.on a slave ship
  B.on a plantation before the Civil War
  C.in Ohio after the Civil War
  D.in an African town
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.本题问的是:“宠儿”的设置背景是什么?根据本段的第二句话:a former slave called Sethe, lives in Ohio in the years following the Civil War.可知其背景是在内战之后的俄亥俄州。因此C是正确的答案。
论坛级别: 学员
离线
发表于:2016-11-01 09:14:16
2016年11月1日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Late one Sunday afternoon in September 1999, Oseola McCarty, an elderly cleaning lady passed away in the little wooden frame house where she had lived and worked most of her life. It may seem like an ordinary end to a humble life, but there was something quite exceptional about this woman.
  In the summer of 1995, McCarty gave $ 150,000, most of the money she had saved throughout her life,to the University of Southern Mississippi in her hometown. The money was to help other African Americans through university. She had started her savings habit as a young child when she would return from school to clean and iron for money which she would then save.
  This woman shocked and inspired the world because _______.
  A.she had managed to save so much money
  B.she gave her money to African Americans
  C.she gave her life savings to help others through university
  D.she only spent money on cheap things
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.only是绝对词,在选项D中出现,根据经验排除D;对照原文第一自然段最后一句话there was something quite exceptional about this woman说她有些特别的地方,接着第二自然段就讲In the summer of 1995, McCarty gave $ 150,000, most of the money she had saved throughout her life,to the University of Southern Mississippi in her hometown.她把大部分积攒的钱捐献给了家乡的大学,A和B表达都不全面,答案是C.
离线
发表于:2016-11-03 10:34:23
2016年11月3日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Secondary school had its own share of challenges. I was a tall kid and wasn't good at any sport, except looking. I loved basketball and tennis. The first day I held a racket, and I was disgraced by my opponent. He won six straight sets without sweat and there I was, sweating badly like I'd run a marathon, whereas I hadn‘t even made a single point.
  Stanley was disgraced by his classmate in a ___________.
  A.basketball game
  B.tennis game
  C.marathon game
  D.football game
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 答案选B.词义理解和事实细节题。通过关键词disgrace,考生可迅速定位至本段,再通过本段的关键词racket,可以判定正确答案是网球比赛。
离线
发表于:2016-11-04 17:20:52
2016年11月4日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Tom, a near-sighted young man, went on a blind date with a girl. The two were satisfied with each other. And they exchanged their telephone numbers.
  What can we learn about Tom?
  A.Tom made a good impression on the girl at first.
  B.It was the first time that Tom had dated a girl.
  C.Tom was blind.
  D.Tom was handsome and popular with the girls.
  【正确答案】 A
  【答案解析】 答案选A.细节判断题。从The two were satisfied with each other可知,相亲过后,两人对对方都很满意,所以A选项正确,汤姆第一次见对方就留下了很好的印象。B项所表述内容在文中找不到根据,不能判断这是汤姆第几次约会。汤姆只是near-sighted,远不到盲了的地步。文章仅讲述了汤姆和某一个女孩相亲的精力,对他的个人魅力以及是否受女孩欢迎并未提及。
离线
发表于:2016-11-08 17:38:44
2016年11月8日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  During these past few years I used Associated Content to try writing. I found writing for that site was not my cup of tea. However, my experience there was positive as I was rewarded with even more learning opportunities just by dipping my toes into the water. Through Associated Content I was introduced to the world of blogging. I decided to learn how to set up a blog myself. Now I‘m interested in blogging and continue to work as a writer.
  What is the author‘s purpose of using the site Associated Content?
  A.To write for the site Yahoo! Contributor Network.
  B.To know more about other writers.
  C.To have one of his articles published.
  D.To become a network writer.
  【正确答案】 D
  【答案解析】 答案选D.根据本段的I decided to learn how to set up a blog myself. Now I‘m interested in blogging and continue to work as a writer确定D答案。A选项是作者偶然获得的结果,并非刚开始写作时的目的,可排除;B选项不是作者的目的;C选项是作者两年前已经取得的成果,无需再定为自己目标。
离线
发表于:2016-11-09 17:58:07
2016年11月9日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Jamie was worried about the junk food which he saw being served which included burgers, pizzas and chips. So he decided to ban the junk and started cooking some good soup and curries for the children instead. So he improved the school dinners in that particular school, and trained the dinner ladies to cook healthy food. Then he put pressure on the government to improve the standards of school food across the country. And it looks like the changes have taken place.
  Generally, schools didn‘t serve ________ to students before.
  A.soup and curries
  B.hot cooked meals
  C.drinks and chips
  D.burgers and pizzas
  【正确答案】 A
  【答案解析】 答案选A.细节查找并简单判断题。本段告诉我们,名厨Jamie在他所工作的学校进行了午餐改革,开始给学生做汤和咖喱饭。这说明学校通常不提供这样的饭菜。
离线
发表于:2016-11-10 09:57:11
2016年11月10日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  I don‘t claim there isn’t a force which guides us, which takes care of us, but the main element that helps us build up our future is our way of being. Our personality, our character, our way of perceiving(感知)reality and everything that surrounds us are the elements which may bring us to the top, or on the contrary, make us miserable.
  The author thinks that our future is decided mainly by ________.
  A.a superior force like God
  B.our way of being, such as our character
  C.things and persons that surround us
  D.others‘ choice and responsibility
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 答案选B.虽然作者也声明自己并不否认世界上存在任何一种具有超自然力量的东西,但是本段的…but the main element that helps us build up our future is our way of being可知,作者认为影响我们未来的最主要的因素还是我们自己的所作所为,答案为B项。
离线
发表于:2016-11-11 15:13:55
2016年11月11日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Helping the planet is a big part of what our world trip is all about and that‘s exactly what we did this past week. We helped get a hydroponics farm started in a local village. This farm will be a model for the local villagers so they can start their very own self sustaining farm. Hydroponics is a type of farming that uses a third of the water needed in an average farm and uses no soil.
  A hydroponics farm _______________.
  A.is difficult to build
  B.is a type of farm without soil
  C.will cost lots of money
  D.was started in the village before they came
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 答案选B.词义理解题。根据关键词hydroponics farm迅速锁定本段。再通过排除法可以判定B项是正确的。因为A和C表述的内容文章并没有提到过。D项表述是错误的,因为那个村庄在他们去之前并没有这种hydroponics farm.是他们到了之后,帮忙建立了一个模型。
离线
发表于:2016-11-14 10:18:00
2016年11月14日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  The United States perceives itself to be a middle-class nation. However, middle class is not a real designation, nor does it carry privileges. It is more of a perception, which probably was as true as it ever could be right after World War II. The economy was growing, more and more people owned their own homes, workers had solid contracts with the companies that employed them, and nearly everyone who wanted a higher education could have one.
  The information in this passage deals with_______.
  A.an individual
  B.a social and economic group
  C.a political organization
  D.Government
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 答案选B.通过阅读本段,middle class中产阶级是一个群体,选答案B.
离线
发表于:2016-11-15 09:59:37
2016年11月15日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  I recognized that the sites such as Associated Content can provide a fertile ground for learning how to become a better writer. I could see that this was an open door for systematically learning some basic writing skills without paying college tuition for classes and leaving the comfort of my own home.
  In the eyes of the author, the site Associated Content __________.
  A.offers you a lot of novels to read
  B.is good for your becoming a writer
  C.asks you to study writing regularly
  D.is rather expensive but convenient
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 答案选B.根据本段的…can provide a fertile ground for learning how to become a better writer确定B答案。其余选项与原文意思不符。A与D选项所表达内容在文中并未提及,可以被排除。C选项中regularly一词并未在文中得到体现。
离线
发表于:2016-11-17 16:45:33
2016年11月17日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Amongst the most popular books being written today are those which are usually classified as science fiction. Hundreds of titles are published every year and are read by all kinds of people. Furthermore, some of the most successful films of recent years have been based on science fiction stories.
  People enjoy___________.
  A.a recurrent theme
  B.reading books of science fiction
  C.read worldwide
  D.political implications
  【正确答案】 B
  【答案解析】 enjoy 可以跟名词短语,也可以跟动名词短语,在所给选项中只有B是动名词短语,另外B所说的内容也符合这段文字的内容。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:23:49
2016年11月18日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Gyorgy Buzsaki of Rutgers University and his colleagues analyzed the brain waves of sleeping rats and mice. Specifically, they examined the electrical activity emanating from the somatosensory neocortex(an area that processes sensory information)and the hippocampus, which is a center for learning and memory. The scientists found that oscillations in brain waves from the two regions appear to be intertwined. So-called sleep spindles(bursts of activity from the neocortex)were followed tens of milliseconds later by beats in the hippocampus known as ripples. The team posits that this interplay between the two brain regions is a key step in memory consolidation. A second study, also published online this week by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, links age-associated memory decline to high glucose levels.
  What is the result of the experiment with rats and mice carried out at Rutgers University
  A.The electrical activity is emanating from the somatosensory neocortex.
  B.Oscillations in brain waves are from hippocampus.
  C.Somatosensory neocortex and hippocampus work together in memory consolidation.
  D.Somatosensory neocortex plays it primary role in memory consolidation.
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.本段告诉我们,科学家分析了老鼠的脑电波,尤其是从somatosensory neocortex和hippocampus两个区域发出的脑电波。该段是后两句指出,这两个大脑区域的活动是互相作用的。本段并没有说 somatosensory neocortex或 hippocampus起主导作用。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:26:10
2016年11月21日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison deals specifically with the legacy of slavery in her book Beloved. The main character in this novel, a former slave called Sethe, lives in Ohio in the years following the Civil War, but she cannot free herself from her horrific memories. Through a series of flashbacks and bitter reminiscences, the reader learns how and why Sethe escaped from the plantation she had lived on; the fate of her husband, who also tried to escape; and finally, what happened to the child called Beloved. Morrisons scenes of torture and murder are vivid and strongly convey the desperation of the slaves and the cruelty of their owners.
  Beloved is set__________.
  A.on a slave ship
  B.on a plantation before the Civil War
  C.in Ohio after the Civil War
  D.in an African town
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.本题问的是:“宠儿”的设置背景是什么?根据本段的第二句话:a former slave called Sethe, lives in Ohio in the years following the Civil War.可知其背景是在内战之后的俄亥俄州。因此C是正确的答案。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:27:20
2016年11月25日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  The question of how healthy school food is was called attention to by the professional cook, Jamie Oliver, who launched a campaign to improve children‘s nutrition, after spending a year working in a school kitchen. The TV series about the campaign won a BAFTA award this week.
  We can learn from the passage that _________.
  A.Jamie never eats the junk food
  B.Jamie taught parents to cook healthy food
  C.Jamie once worked in a school kitchen
  D.in order to win a BAFTA award, Jamie launched a campaign?
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.推理判断题。从文章本段…after spending a year working in a school kitchen可知C项正确。由…Jamie Oliver, who launched a campaign to improve children‘s nutrition…可知D项错误;A项和B项在文中没有依据。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:28:22
2016年11月28日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  A new study has found no evidence that sunscreen, commonly used to reduce the risk of skin cancer, actually increase the risk.
  Researchers from the University of Iowa based their findings on a review of 18 earlier studies that looked at the association between sunscreen use and melanoma (黑素瘤)。 They said that they found flaws in studies that had reported associations between sunscreen use and higher risk of melanoma.
  The word “flaws” in the 2nd paragraph most probably means _______.
  A.evidence
  B.facts
  C.faults
  D.failures
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 本题选C,本段表明:到目前为止还没证据能证明sunscreen会增加skin cancer的几率,接下来的段落也解释了使用sunscreen跟skin cancer没有必然的联系,故排除A.B.D选项。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:29:56
2016年12月12日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Parents often decide on the basis of what their children want. Cathy, a mother told us, “My children have packed lunches, because they say they hate school dinners. I make 3 packed lunches every morning, so our kitchen is like a sandwich bar in the morning.” However, another mother, Susan made her choice based on the nutritious value of the food. She said, “My daughter always has school dinners. I think she probably gets healthier food by having a cooked lunch at school than she would if I made a few sandwiches.”
  Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
  A.Katz thinks chips are good for his kids.
  B.Susan‘s daughter likes eating sandwiches.
  C.Cathy may have at least three children.
  D.Jamie likes burgers and pizzas.
  【正确答案】C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.细节查找并简单推断题。从本段,特别是I make 3 packed lunches every morning…可知Cathy有三个孩子在上学,有没有不上学的孩子不得而知,故选项C为最佳选项。其他三项均与原文意思不符。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:30:58
2016年12月13日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Did you know that before 1950, hurricanes had no names? They were simply given numbers. The first names were simply Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. but in 1953, females names were given because of the unpredictability (不可预知) factor of the storms. In 1979, realizing the sexist (性别歧视的) nature of such names, the lists were expanded to include both men and women.
  The main consideration of using males and females‘ names for hurricanes is __________.
  A.the timely (及时的) discovery
  B.its uncertainty
  C.sex equality
  D.its connection with humans
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 依靠原文(利用(male, female) names作为答案线索词)中最后一句判断答案为C(与性别有关)。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:31:53
2016年12月15日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Zimbabwe, troubled by political insecurity and hunger, is rated the gloomiest (最差的), picking up only 3.89 points.
  Q: Family life in Zimbabwe is not stable.
  A.right
  B.wrong
  C.not mentioned
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.问题句说“在津巴布韦家庭生活是不稳定的”。发现题干中的核心词Family life根本没有在文中出现,因为判断该问题句为“没提到”。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:32:41
2016年12月19日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  So far there is no data to suggest that people living on metal-rich soils experience a potential health hazard. The levels of metals within naturally contaminated soils are generally not high enough to cause serious health problems. Living on metal-rich soils does not represent a health risk unless large quantities of soil are digested or metal-rich dust is inhaled. However, small children are particularly exposed to metal-rich topsoil in playgrounds and gardens. They are also the most likely ones to eat potentially dangerous metal-rich soil.
  The main idea of this paragraph is__________.
  A.Potential Hazards of Human Contaminated Soils
  B.Research on Channels of Heavy Metals Getting into Human Food Chain
  C.Long- term Health Effects on Health Problems
  D.No Evidence to Indicate Bad Effects of Naturally Contaminated Soil
  【正确答案】 D
  【答案解析】 本段文字涉及到的是自然污染的土壤一般情况下对人体不会造成危害,首句So far there is no data to suggest that people living on metal-rich soils experience a potential health hazard.便提示出这一点,而D选项只是这个句子的同义转述。
离线
发表于:2016-12-28 17:33:31
2016年12月20日职称英语qq群-作业及参考答案
  Another problem the village people face is the destruction caused by wild animals such as the elephant. Elephants will walk through and destroy their crops, trees and huts in just one night. The cheap and easy solution is to soak rope in chili water and put it up around their fence and it will keep the elephants and other wild animals away.
  In the local village, Elephnts _______
  A.are important for farming
  B.are the only wild animals
  C.often cause trouble to villagers‘ crops
  D.can be found in each family
  【正确答案】 C
  【答案解析】 答案选C.事实细节题。根据关键词elephants迅速锁定本段,也可先浏览题干和四个备选项。大象和其他动物会破坏他们的庄稼,所以村民会想一些办法阻止大象和其他动物。所以A.B和D都是错误的。
快速回复主题

职称英语QQ群作业交流讨论入口

您尚未登录,发表回复前请先登录,或者注册
  Ctrl+Enter直接发表